Thursday, February 7, 2008

New Project

Using the results from my last project with the cuttlefish, we have come up with a new project that will build on those results. I am currently working with various substrates to evoke a uniform response. Given that they are natural substrates, I get to spend a lot of my time on the beach collecting good samples :) That is definitely one of my new favorite parts of the day. Even though it has been a bit stormy up here recently, I've come to realize that is the weather I like the most in Woods Hole. The turbulent sky and sea, seeming to fight against each other, the wind blowing my hair...I'll miss that. I'll miss being so close to the water.
I had a strange dream last night that I haven't quite been able to wake up from. I was drinking beer (in my dream) with my friends and I opened my journal which happened to be in front of me. I opened to a drawing of a couple (one of whom was me, I assume) sitting on a bridge. Sometimes I draw comics of what happens in my life, and this was in cominc book form. Slowly, something began glowing behind and underneath the bridge, until I realized it was a volcano. The glow intensified and became blinding (at this point, I wasn't looking at the comic anymore, I was inside it). The walls of the volcano began to fall away and lava was pouring everywhere. The person I was with and I began to run...but it was futile, we were consumed completely by giant technicolor waves of lava. Then, I was an observer again--looking at the drawing in the journal. A little more happened after this point, but it's a bit fuzzy, and less interesting.

No comments: