Monday, April 20, 2009

Finals

It is the end of the semester and unarguably, a stressful time. I just had a final tonight in my dive class. We had our last two dives on Saturday. The first one was on a wreck 100ft deep off of Kewalo. Before we got in the water, there were 4 turtles just hanging around the boat. Then, there were a couple of turtles on the wreck too, and some eels, giant puffer fish, and parrot fish as well. One interesting thing about this wreck is that there is a tourist submarine that passes by it every once and a while. It was pretty surreal. There I was, narced from diving Nitrox at that depth, kind of spacing out staring at this giant turtle, when this weird noise came from behind me. It definitely took a second to register and I looked around to see where it was coming from. This big white tube was coming towards us and people's faces were pressed against the sub's windows. We waved at them and I think they got a kick out of it :)

On the second dive, we were joined by a dolphin. We did photo transects and saw eels, giant scorpion fish and many exciting invertebrates. The end of that second dive meant the end of Scientific Diving (for the most part). Today we had our final exam, and I feel ok about it. I felt fine until I started talking to other people in the class...but isn't that always how it goes? Why waste time worrying about it? I have a presentation of Thursday and a presentation on Friday, so I need to get cracking on those. I need to have my proposal done by the end of the semester and I have a presentation in a week for my Pop Bio class and then I'll be done! Whoo Hoo!

Also, I finally signed up for a motorcycle class at the community college so I will be on my way to transportation. I'm very excited :)

Just need to make it a little longer..

And of course, now Hawaii has decided to have beautiful weather everyday that makes you feel terrible for staying in doors and working on academia...


And, these are the creepiest slippers ever...

No comments: