Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Procrastinating

Well, I got through last week and somehow lost all motivation. I had a final exam in diving (which I did well on--100% on one section!) then two presentations. I got an email from my Invert Bio Seminar prof and she told me she really enjoyed the papers I chose to discuss. I did my presentation on Sacculina, a parasitic barnacle that infects crabs, and on carnivorous sponges. Les gave me a lot of information on them and even let me take some of our specimens to show--like show and tell. I think that is the best way to learn though. Why does grad school mean the end of show and tell?

Anyway, after last week, I have done nothing... Well, that's not entirely true. I did go to to Coconut Island today to try to set up some space for myself for octopus research--yay!

Unfortunately, the semester is not yet over. I still have one more presentation and I need to finish up my proposal... Not to worry, only 30 pages of the rest of my life...

Ahhh!

Here are some pics from the deep dive on the wreck a couple weeks ago. Why do I always look so spaced out? No wonder I'm so calm underwater--I look like I'm drugged.










I'm on the left giving Kasie the shaka :) and she's giving it back!

No comments: