Tuesday, June 16, 2009

weekend

So, it's been a crazy weekend. I went para sailing on Friday. It's the first time I've ever done that, and I went twice! It was beautiful. Floating in the bay, 40 stories up. The captain was my friend's boyfriend, so he dunked us a couple times. It's very peaceful though, one step closer to flying...my favorite feeling :)

Then, on Saturday, I went with Christine to the North Shore. We went to Sunset beach where the surfers usually go. But the water was so glassy, there were no waves at all! They are on the South shore right now. We went to go look at surf boards because Christine is going to get one. It was a great day. We had mudslides and daiquiris, garlic shrimp and french fries. Here's a pic of Sunset



Oh also, last week I house sat for Les and his cat and my friend and I went hunting for frogs in his backyard. He has the green and black poison dart frogs--but they aren't poisonous here because they don't have the food that gives them the poison. We didn't get any frogs, but we found this crazy slug with eggs. I have been trying to figure out what it is. I've never seen anything like it. Here it is (and Les' cat Dongwa)




Then, yesterday, I went to see Up! It was wonderful. Then Christine and I went to the beach and watched the waves and the sun set. There was a monk seal on the beach! It's the first time I've seen one here (other than at the Aquarium).



Also, I finally got a picture of me and my bike. You asked for it and I finally have delivered it!!

1 comment:

vanessayw said...

Woohooo! Love the pic of you and Hunter! Sexy!

That snail thing is gross.

See you soon! Ahh!