Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Here we go

It's my last week of boats on Coconut and I am definitely feeling the twinges of nostalgia that I expected. It's funny, when you drive boats back and forth, it can become tedious and you begin to take for granted that you are on a tropical island, ferrying people back and forth across the azure waters. Tonight, the moon has painted everything silver and the sky clear and quiet.  Being a resident here means everyone is in your business all the time, and everyone knows I am moving off. Tonight, every other person has said "you'll probably be happy not to do boats anymore, huh?" And I can't help but think, I'll probably miss it. Living in the same place for three and a half years is unusual for me. It's a long stretch of time... I went for a swim on Sunday and took a picture of my favorite spot.

Hopefully moving off will be a boon for me and help me to finish my work. Right now I feel like it may have been a mistake, but it's no use thinking like that. I need to focus on work and get those three letters so I can finally move on with my life. I have been doing a lot of writing lately, and this popped up somewhere--I thought it was relevant...

This also seemed pretty relevant, especially given what I study. I am the person who went to school to study the freaky invertebrates do it!


No comments: