Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

I haven't posted in a while because there is so much to do! On Monday, a new animal care intern--or actually not an intern, because he gets paid--came in to take over my feeding and siphoning duties. I have been training him, which is taking some time, but when he is trained, I will have more time to do my experiments, which are numerous. I finally reached the halfway point today (45 trials!) and hopefully will get many more done in the coming days. I need to get the data so I can begin to analyze the results.
Unfortunately, I am having some trouble with the experiments as every time I set them up, the scientist I am working with finds a reason for me to redo or redesign them. I wish he would have said something before! When I initially worked with some of the other people here to design my experiment, everyone was more concerned with what the other interns were doing. I may have screwed myself by coming halfway between the regular internship periods.
Oh well, I will get it all done, I'm just not sure it will be the best experiment...or if they will be able to use the data at all. An extremely depressing prospect given the time I have spent working on it...for no money.
I think the cuttles miss me :) When I go by, they seem to respond and follow me---I think it is because I fed them for so long. But now, someone new will feed and clean them. I still get to spend time with them during the experiments, and I have noticed after several trials that many of them have specific idiosyncrasies. I am able to recognize them based on their behavior. Because they are so changing in there appearance, it is near impossible to tell them apart otherwise.
Alright, back to work!

No comments: