Friday, January 4, 2008

Polar Bear and Crab

I have a terrible cold. And because of this cold, I was unable to do the Polar Bear swim on New Years Day...So sad. I was really eager to do it--to somehow prove to myself that I could; tap into my FInnish roots.
Yesterday, when leaving the lab, I saw what I thought to be a large brown spider on the floor. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a crab. But, we have no crabs on the second floor! We used to when we fed them to the cuttlefish, but no longer! It's too cold to find them anymore...We have a few in the downstairs lab. I have a theory that she (I checked) managed to get in the elevator somehow...So, I decided to put her in a tank and decide what to do with her later. I didn't want to feed her to the cuttlefish after her heroic journey. But, I came in this morning, and someone else had fed her to the cuttlefish...Oh well, she had a wild ride.

No comments: