Friday, January 16, 2009

Wind

Yesterday, I got an e-mail telling me that the campus would be closed today and all classes were canceled. Apparently there is a storm coming with 60 mph winds. Meanwhile, I woke up this morning and it was a beautiful sunny day with not a cloud in the sky. It's now about 1pm and I'm starting to see a hint of a storm--oh wait, it just started raining--whoa it's coming fast. Weird.

I didn't have class yesterday, and now I have no class today either. Monday is a holiday, so I have almost a week off. It sounds like it would be a fun thing, but unfortunately, all I have been doing is relaxing...I need to get more productive. Today I am going to work on my proposal. I'm going out with friends tonight (if the gale force winds don't stop us) and I'll make sure I have something done before then.

This week, someone came in to discuss his research on craniofacial morphologies in cichlids. It was pretty fascinating. We are looking for a new developmental faculty member, so it was a sort of audition. I'm looking forward to the other candidate talks. I've gone back to a world of science-speak, and I love it.

No comments: