Thursday, November 7, 2013


We found a lizard in Steven's place, it's our new pet. Unfortunately, Steven then decided to vacuum and the little guy dropped his tail in fright... I think he'll be ok. They grow back, just like octopus arms! 

We went to Makapu'u during the day last weekend for some body surfing (same place we went at night a few weeks ago to look for tako). Turns out I am becoming more risk averse in my old age though.  I spent much of the time in the water terrified I was going to get pummeled and being a wuss.


Made some pepper jelly the other day. It's too spicy though. I think it might be inedible.  Yesterday, I woke up at 5:15 and drove to the east side of the island to go watch the sunrise with my friend Melanie. It was lovely. She has the most incredible place right next to the beach where she can wake up and salute the sun every morning.  It was a great way to start the day. Things went downhill from there ($500 later, fixing the O2 sensor in my car), but oh well. At least it was a nice morning. 



3 comments:

Chris said...

My tail dropped off and never grew back.

What gorgeous pictures!

Saaraliisa said...

you can pour the jelly over cream cheese, it makes it calm down. Lovely pictures, so sorry about the $500.

Saaraliisa said...

you can pour the jelly over cream cheese, it makes it calm down. Lovely pictures, so sorry about the $500.