Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No Holiday

Well, today was a holiday for all but me...woe is me. Haha, no, it wasn't so bad. I did complain about it a lot, but this is what I did today: slept in, watched a movie, taught four students about spiny dogfish anatomy, went to the mall with my friends, watched house and ate a microwave s'more (there was lot's more eating today, but not as interesting). So, for a work day, there's not too much to complain about. I even enjoyed teaching about anatomy.

Since it is a holiday, my students had the option of coming in for extra credit. I had four female students that came in that actually needed extra credit, so I was happy to have them there. It is so much nicer having a small, intimate class. I felt like they learned the material so much better and we all had a fun time dissecting. They all did very well on their quiz too. So, even though I was resentful this morning that I had to go in and teach when everyone else got the day off, I actually had a great time.

Also, I haven't posted a bus buddy in a long time, so I thought I would. I found this drawing from a while ago, but I vividly remember this guy. He was a sweet old man with a white pig-skin hat and a rainbow plaid shirt. He had the whitest beard I've ever seen that looked like a cloud growing from his face, but at the very end, he had tied a string around the tip and made a little curly-cue.

No comments: