Monday, February 23, 2009

Portlock

Yesterday we went back to Portlock (Chinawalls) for diving. We did a lot of navigation skills, at which I am happy to say I am improving. We set up weights along a map of our own design then switched maps with another group and searched for their weights. Along the way we saw a turtle, leaf scorpionfish, pipefish (a giant one), puffer fish, and many other exciting creatures. All in all it was a good day. Although, I have discovered that I cannot eat before diving. We always break for lunch each Saturday, and I usually feel gross on the second dive. Yesterday I thought I was going to throw up--and all I ate was PB and J, so I think I'll just wait until the day is over before I eat anything... Apparently they say you should just throw up in your regulator and all the fish come over right in front of your face, so that might be exciting. But I feel like vomiting on dry land is unpleasant enough, I'd hate to have to do it underwater.

I'm going to Miami in two weeks for the Bahamas trip! I can't believe it is coming up so soon. This month flew by. This semester is flying by. Hopefully I will get everything done that I need to...

No comments: