Friday, May 29, 2009

Alright, today I finally changed the title to my motorcycle and it is officially mine! However, I have noticed a bit of a troubling trend of the bike getting hot pretty fast and the temperature gauge getting almost to the H... So, I have been spending the past few hours trying to see if I can find a reasonably priced motorcycle manual to figure this out. I think this weekend I will be spending some quality time with my bike. I found a great website that has diagrams of all the parts--I bet I could take apart and put back together the whole bike if I wanted to. But I don't want to. I also need to do research this summer :) I think it is probably just an issue of the coolant level, which should be easy enough to fix. Unfortunately, I have no previous experience with motor vehicles of any kind, so I am really starting from the beginning. Everything I read assumes a general understanding of the mechanics of a bike, so I end up feeling pretty stupid most of the time.

Anyway, tomorrow I am off to Coconut Island again to try and get some Octopus cyanea. I haven't had much luck recently... I sent Roger my proposal and he had a lot of interesting input that was difficult but necessary to hear. This is going to be quite the summer of self exploration (as well as cephalopod exploration).

I have been either sleeping too much, or not at all. It is sort of an unsettling place to be. I need to get my circadian rhythms back on track. I've lost eight pounds though, which is something :) I'm back on my gym schedule--kind of, and all the fruit I love is back in season. Strawberries, mangoes, pineapple (although that is never really out of season here).

It has been disgustingly hot here recently. Everyone says it is unseasonably hot for Hawaii. And of course my fan died. So I bought a ridiculously small fan for $20 that barely does anything, but was all I could afford. However, today, after taking apart my fan down to the motor and still not being able to fix it, I broke down and ordered a fan from amazon. At least there is free shipping.

No comments: