Thursday, May 14, 2009

Motorcycle!

I got it. I bought a motorcycle today. It's a 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 750. Here's a pic of what it looks like :)



The guy I bought it from asked for a ride home, so I had a nice long ride getting to know my bike today. I managed to avoid the highway, but honestly, I can't wait to get on the highway and really get moving. I feel bad for my bike starting and stopping at all the red lights. I did manage to stall twice (and I felt really stupid), but I am just getting used to the way this bike rides. The last bike I was on, you just let the clutch out in first and it rolls forward. This one needs a little gas to get it going cuz it is a bigger bike. I love it though--it definitely runs smooth. Also, unlike the bike I learned on, it actually goes into neutral without having to have the engine off! So I had a little bit of an embarrassing moment when I was trying to switch to second and I ended up in neutral. Not fun. BUT--I have an awesome motorcycle and I can take people on it and get around the island! I'm not going to ride it 24/7 until I get insurance, which I hope will be tomorrow...

So, the semester ended last Wednesday. I have been working for Les and trying to figure out what I am going to do this summer. I really need to get some work done on my dissertation research. It's been a good semester, I think. It was a semester of lots of life experiences. I learned how to ride a motorcycle, got master, nitrox, and rescue certifications in SCUBA diving, went on a research cruise in the Bahamas. It was great. But in terms of academia...not so great. I really have not been on the ball. I got here last semester and really hit the ground running, trying to figure out if I could do what I wanted with octopus. But this semester...I'm not sure what happened. I had a lot of classes. But, I'm disappointing in myself. Hopefully, I will get it together this summer! Although, I will be going to Maui at some point and possibly the Big Island as well :)

I'll get some pics of me on my bike as soon as I can :P

1 comment:

Chris said...

Bitchin'!!