Monday, May 11, 2009

May 11th

This weekend I had my motorcycle class. It was wonderful :) I don't know why everyone doesn't ride a motorcycle. It is so exhilarating! It feels like flying... I wish I could fly. This gets me one step closer.

One issue though, is sunburn. I have a very attractive raccoon eyes and helmet sunburn. I learned my lesson after the first day of six hours in the sun on the motorcycle. I put lots of sunscreen on for the second day, but it didn't help much. I'm going to try to avoid being seen in public for a while.

Another issue is sweaty butt. Sitting on a hot motorcycle wearing jeans and long sleeved shirt makes for lots of sweating. But when you start going fast, you don't notice it anymore.

My favorite thing is weaving and swerving and feeling in control of this four hundred pound machine. When you gain some confidence, it starts to feel amazing!

We had our written exam yesterday morning (I got 100%!!) and then the driving exam in the afternoon. I got one point off because I went out of the yellow lines... But it was still passing!

I found a bike I really wanted and called the person who was selling it--it already sold :( so now I have to find a new one...

It is my birthday today and I have spent most of it writing my dissertation proposal. It didn't turn out great, but I did it. And now, I am going to make myself a cake and get some thai food to give myself a treat :) My friends are all quite busy as it is the end of the semester and so it will be a bit of a solitary birthday. But I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have given myself several treats--I slept in, I took a nap, I did the dishes and am cleaning my apartment. These are all luxuries I can't normally afford.

I'd like to extend a big happy birthday to my friend Salvador Dali

No comments: