Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tuesday

Today my students talked about their report topics and critiqued each other. They are doing so well! I always have a kind of high after teaching. It is so much fun when they are into what they are talking about.

Tomorrow I have a presentation on a proposal to work on bobtail squid for my animal behavior class. My professor has made us all use overheads instead of Power Point. It is a huge hassle! But, I drew a picture of a bobtail squid and my partner drew a chromatophore (extremely detailed, I was impressed). I hope it goes ok. It's strange to have to do these things again. Academia is strange...

I have made plans to go hunting for the octopus species I am going to study on Sunday. I'm really excited! There is a guy who is going to take me to the best place to find them. Apparently they are pretty aggressive and the area they live in is a bit dangerous because of the rocky substrate. But I'm sure it will be fine. I like the adventure :)

This is a guy I see almost every day on the bus. He likes to go to the library on campus and read the newspapers and sleep. He always wears the same leather jacket (in this heat) and has long stringy hair. I tried to make him not look so creepy--but I can't help it. I think that is just my style. I am starting to see every one on the bus as a Ralph Steadman caricature (but again, that would be giving my art too much credit).

No comments: