Thursday, October 9, 2008

The neighbors had a baby

So, they are not really my neighbors, they live across from me, but they spend all their time on their lanai which I can see outside my window. They had a baby last week and it cries a lot. And they have a squeaky toy that they squeeze at it all day. When I first heard the squeaky toy, I thought I had a mouse in my apartment and I was crawling around all over trying to find it...until I looked out the window. I might have to start closing my window. It's surprising how much noise it blocks when it is closed--but then my apartment get's hot....

I need to figure out an analogous summer outfit to my favorite body-masking sweatpants and old-man sweater. I wore sweatpants and old-man sweater the other day, and it works when you are sitting in a freezing cold Starbucks, but when you are trying to teach a lab in a classroom in Hawaiian heat, it is not as comfortable. Maybe I will invest in a muumuu. Grad school and living alone is not great for my waist line--another reason I should do that triathlon in April.

I went to the commissary today and have tons of toilet paper! Yay! I spent way too much money on food, but hopefully that means I won't have to go shopping again any time soon. Also, I got a pomegranate as a treat to myself :)

My dad sent me this. Maybe I can claim that I am a "scholar" so I can get an invite to this library. This is the coolest library I've ever seen.

Also he sent me this video. I want to be a part of this team of scientists traveling around the world taking a record of ocean species... Maybe someday. Until then, I will just work on my octopus species.


New Species on Australian Reefs from NTDTV on Vimeo.

No comments: