Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I need a car...

I have decided that I need to get a car because it seems that the bus is a creepy pick-up place for weirdo guys that say uncomfortable things to me. Or at least that is how it has been so far. I think I am too friendly. People talk to me and I respond because I don't want to be rude. It is analogous to being on the plane and being stuck next to someone who starts talking at the beginning of the trip--once that line is crossed, you can't go back. You can't stop talking because it gets awkward. You can't just take your book out and make them shut up. Well, maybe you can, but I can't. Tonight, I had another such encounter. This guy was fine. Friendly at first, but then...too friendly. It was raining and he told me that it felt as if the sunshine came out when I came to the bus stop. He said he wished he felt as good as he did standing next to me every day. And yes, those are nice things to say--but not at a bus stop! And of course we were on the same bus and he sat next to me. And I continued chatting because I am awkward. And then he wanted my phone number and I made up some excuse about not having a phone yet since I just moved here. So he gave me his number and wants me to call him. The worst part is, he got off at the same bus stop and lives on the same street as me!! I walked into a store so I could get him off my trail so he didn't know where I live. Ugh. I need pepper spray. Or I need to keep my mouth shut and never respond when someone starts talking to me on the bus or at a bus stop.

In other news, I had a great talk with Les today! Yay!! I am going to get to study what I want and he is supportive 100%. I need to just de-stress already. I live in Hawaii for gosh sakes. I need some of that Aloha mentality. Chillax.

Here is a rainbow I saw from my window


Also, I am out of cheese. It is a sad day in a young girl's life when there is no cheese in the refrigerator.

4 comments:

vanessayw said...

What?1 Out of cheese?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I agree you need to find some other means of transportation. Or just decide to become a mean person. One or the other. Didn't you say you might want to buy a scooter? Is that doable?

nas

Anonymous said...

We will send you some cheese. Cheese rate is very economical, though sometimes slow. Also, please monitor your cheese consumption-- you may be overdoing it. Be careful-- a cheese addiction may not be evident until it is too late to get a grip and honestly address the problem.

Rabid said...

If you get a scooter,
WEAR A GOOD HELMET.
A cheese helmet is very stylish, but, in addition to being the artery-clogger special, doesn't protect even one brain cell.
Jenner's brother Charlie cracked his skull a few months ago - on a scooter - still on the curb - at 3 mph (maybe slower) - no helmet . . .
Nag, nag,
David

Monica said...

Vanessa and I had that cheese problem. It was pretty awful when we were diagnosed but we got cheese Rxs shortly thereafter as we tumbled into withdrawl. Go get the Rx (your local grocer can usually help depending on your insurance).

Getting cheese off the street can be dangerous. You never know where it's been or what else is in there. The chemicals can be dangerous.