Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Paramecium Lab

Today we had the animal cell lab and I think it went well. My students still seem pretty clueless, but now that I am really holding their hands through the whole thing and they seem to appreciate it. I drew a lot of elaborate pictures on the chalk board with all different colors and I think that helped. I love chalk!

Yesterday I talked with Les about maybe doing cephalopod research and he is all for it :) He said that if that is what I want to do, I can! I'm so happy. He is a great guy and an excellent resource. I am probably going to do coral work with him too (which I am excited about because I got to see some of it and they are amazing!) but my research will probably focus on cephalopods. I've gotten a bunch of information from a few people here and Roger. Everyone is so open with their information and helpful with project ideas. Yay!!!

Now that I am thinking I want to study cephalopods all the time, I am getting a little obsessed with reading everything I can about them and I have come across some cool sites. Here is a site with gift ideas :) And here is another! I need to stop procrastinating and get my work done...

1 comment:

vanessayw said...

Yaaaaay, I'm so glad about that! I know you were worried about not geting to do the research you wanted. And I'm not really surprised that you liked the coral stuff after all considering how you tend to overreact sometimes, hehe, and you are a huge dork. So it all worked out!! :) (I am typing on a Swedish keyboard! Check it out... Hellö Heåther! Woäh...)