Thursday, September 18, 2008

No wonder they call it "hump day"

So today was the perfect blend of the good, the bad, and maybe a little of the ugly. First the good: My new computer and printer came today! Then the bad: My external hard drive with all my photos and documents and music died (almost at the exact same moment the computer arrived)... And the ugly: I stepped on a piece of glass and cut my foot pretty badly and made a mess all over the carpet because I don't have band-aids. I found out my mom isn't coming to Hawaii in October anymore. But, I talked to a woman today who studied the species of octopus I want to study and she helped me a lot and is willing to help more in the future. So that's another good thing.

I don't understand how this happens everyday. I get home and am exhausted and before I know it, it's 10pm and I haven't accomplished anything and I need to get up at 6:30 tomorrow to get the lab ready (hopefully tomorrow goes a little better). Ok, well, I am going to make myself some tea, read an article, and then go to bed.

I'm listening to Laura Marling, The National, and Captain Beefheart (not simultaneously) right now in my life. They are all awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Capt. Beefheart! Yes! He did it all and he did it decades before anybody else and I love him! Kandy Korn! It cannot have been a bad day if you were listening to Captain Beefheart! Exclamation point!