Friday, November 23, 2007

Cuttlefriends

So, those two cuttlefish did die. We euthanized them so that whatever they had which killed them couldn't contaminate the others. It was very sad. And I still feel somewhat responsible, even though I was told it wasn't my fault.
I think the cuttlefish and I are back on good terms though. Today I went in the do the siphoning and they were cooperating and not inking all over the place. I took some photos for you to see my cuttlefish friends!




These are all juveniles with different color pattens. They spread out and flatten themselves to seem bigger when they feel a bit threatened. The last one has two of its arms raised in response to the "seaweed" that is in front of it; it is trying to look like a plant. I think it is so awesome when they do that! (For some reason I can't rotate the image, sorry).

No comments: