Monday, November 19, 2007

Fungal Infection

Two of the cuttlefish have a fungal infection :( We are trying to decide what to do with them because they are basically useless for experiments now. Once they have scars, we can't use them for camouflage experiments. Also, the talapia died. And it probably wasn't because he was injured, he was actually looking really great on Friday. No one remembered to change his water, and now he is dead. Bad week to be an animal in Woods Hole.
Thursday is Thanksgiving (as I'm sure you know) and I'm trying to think of an appropriate celebration. Since I won't be with my family this year, I think I might mix it up a bit. One of my coworkers has invited me to her house for dinner, and I am looking forward to that, but I think I also want to ... Wait, I just got distracted and asked my fellow interns "why is there a crab carapace on the table?" Ah, life in a lab. Hmm...well, I will keep thinking about Thanksgiving.
Pie in the Sky makes pies for people on Thanksgiving and I think I might be in change of handing them out for a while on Wednesday afternoon. We have at least three hundred pies in the works, and I'm not looking forward to the chaos...But, at least I will be awake! I've been exhausted recently. Alright, back to work...pictures are on the way, I promise!

No comments: