Sunday, November 25, 2007

Morning

This morning, I woke up at 4:30 so I could be at the bakery to work at 5:00am. I think I have always romanticized the time around four in the morning; thinking it was an beautiful, lonely time, where people are at peace in their beds. Instead, I found it quite eerie. There wasn't much wind, but what there was made the wind chimes sing weirdly. I felt like the only person alive for miles. Until I reached the water. Then I heard water lapping softly at the shore and looked up at the moon that was almost full, and I felt calm. I'm so happy to be close to the water. It makes me feel human.
I worked at the bakery until 1pm, and then had to siphon the cuttlefish tanks, which I have just finished. I am really starting to feel connected to them :) I think they know I am a sucker and they know how to beg me for some crabs as a treat.
Time to go write some essays, and then out for a drink with my friends :) (Not my cuttlefish friends...I do have some friends without tentacles).

No comments: