Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Second test. Blarg

Ok, second test over. And I think it went better than yesterday. But we'll see. I had to stop myself from writing about everything in the world, I'm not sure if that would have helped though.

I keep having this feeling that I am going to fall out of my window or off the balcony. I'm not usually afraid of heights, and I'm not sure that this particular fear of defenestration stems from a fear of heights. I think it has to do with the fact that my window opens really low, lower than mid thigh, and is open up to the ceiling. I feel like I could lose balance easily and just slip out. Also, the balcony where the garbage chute is has the same problem. The railing is so low that I hug the wall to get the the chute. Also, I'm on the sixteenth floor so maybe my fear isn't that irrational. They should make balconies and windows for tall people to feel safe. Until then, I mostly avoid the window but keep it open all the time for wind. Last night though, there was a terrible storm and I had to close my window (but I waited for a while to see if it might pass...) Also, I have to sit right next to the window and keep my computer balanced on the ledge to get wireless internet, so one of these days a strong wind is going to take my computer (and maybe me) with it.

It was cold for the first time last night. I had to use my quilt and I was happy to have it. It is made all the warmer because my mom's beautiful hands made it for me, so it was like she was tucking me in (awww).

Alright, cellular and molecular biology, here I come!

4 comments:

vanessayw said...

Aww, that is so cute, I love the idea of Mom tucking you in with her quilt. Please, please, don't fall out the window. Just picturing you there typing on the edge of the window on your computer gives me the shivers.

Have you found a frangipani tree yet?

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR LAST TEST!!!!

Anonymous said...

Heather 1 is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful person I've ever known in my life.

heather said...

Hey!! I'm Heather 2!! But yeah...Heather 1 is nice too

Anonymous said...

You'll always be Heather 1 to me....