Monday, August 18, 2008

Tropic Thunder

I went to the movies tonight. I didn't have much energy for any other adventures today. So, I found the movie theater and went to see Tropic Thunder. And it didn't disappoint.

I also found a "sushi-go-round", which is what we call it in my family when the sushi is on a conveyor belt that goes around the restaurant and you pick the food based on the plate value. It was delicious, but I ate too much and spent too much money again. I'm looking forward to being busy so I won't be out spending tons of money.

The bus stop at the movies also seems to be home to about 12 homeless people and I made some friends while waiting for the bus. I couldn't help but notice I was the only one who actually was waiting for the bus there...But everyone was very friendly and helpful. When I voiced my concern that perhaps the buses weren't running anymore since I hadn't seen one for a half-an-hour, they assured me one would come soon, and it did. They also offered me some drugs, but I politely declined, and they weren't too pushy. While I'm sure it's no fun to be homeless, it seems like Honolulu might be a bit more pleasant on the scale of cities to be homeless in: pretty constant beautiful weather, a nice breeze, friendly people, coconuts, bananas....

No comments: