Sunday, August 17, 2008

You have bewitched me...

Body and soul. Yes, Pride and Prejudice was on t.v. And although I had planned on going out tonight, I ended up staying in and drinking wine and watching chick flicks--when did I become Bridget Jones?

Last night I got some drinks with some of the people in my grad program. I think I made some friends :) But I was going to go to a concert tonight with one of the guys on my program and he bailed on me. He said he had been snorkeling all day and was tired. Ugh. I tried to go snorkeling today, but it was a failure. I went to the beach at Diamond Head (beautiful by the way) and it seemed like there was a wind surfing competition or something happening. And the water was really choppy, and I didn't really know where I was going. It's a big beach and I wasn't sure if I was just supposed to swim out and hope for the best...So, I just read a lot of my book and had relaxing beach time instead. But I would really like to go snorkeling. I love skin diving because I think it brings you one step closer to the ocean from SCUBA. It's just you and the fish, corals, and water. But, not today for me. I just hope someday I'll be friends enough with these people so that they will invite me to go along with them. I like living alone, but it seems to be to my detriment at this point. Most of the other grad students know people here already or are living with people who are showing them around and taking them to all the hidden treasures. It's hard to explore by myself. But it doesn't stop me from trying.

Another thing I've learned about myself is my hair is everywhere. Everywhere!! I didn't think I lost this much hair--but seriously I think I am balding. Maybe I should just shave my head and get it over with. Or maybe I will just have to vacuum a lot...

This match.com thing is weird. I think I've decided I need to take my profile off. I've had people in Florida and California contact me--hundreds of miles away!! And I started what, three days ago? And I've had about fifty people contact me. It feels creepy. I think I need to put on my profile that actually I have a mercurial personality and I'm not as nice as I seem on my profile and I have a hair loss problem. Then maybe I could get these people to stop talking to me--but I guess that's why I did it to begin with--to meet people. Oh well. I'm sure I'll be too busy to even think about this soon. I just need more things to distract me so I stop worrying about being lonely. The Oxygen channel is my best friend (and the Olympics--where would I be without the Olympics?).

Ok, I need to stop rambling and get ready for bed...

No comments: