Sunday, March 22, 2009

Booby

We are a Booby Cay today, by Conception Island. I'm not making this up. And on a boat with 13 men, terrible jokes abound...

Something amazing happened today...We saw a DUMBO OCTOPUS! Ahhh!!! I was so excited, I was pooping my pants! (Not really, although that probably would have added to the excitement). It was a little purpley-red guy with cute little grey eyes. Just a gelatinous blob of cuteness. I want to eat it! Ahh!! I love cephalopods. I wanted to look at it forever, but we had to move on...

As we were ascending from our dive today, something happened with the ROV and it is apparently tangled up. We are all sitting around for it, waiting to get our coral samples out. It's going to be a long night. But we got a couple of corals :) It was mostly sandy bottom, but the corals we got are cool and one of them had a shark egg case on it (we'll see how it survives the pressure).

Ooo!! The ROV is here!

No comments: