Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ship

Today I arrived in Ft. Lauderdale :) The cruise was supposed to begin tomorrow morning, but since it is a Friday the 13th, the crew has decided to leave tonight, fifteen minutes before midnight.

It seems like it is going to be a busy cruise with very little down time. So any of the extra work I thought I might get done is probably not going to happen... But, it will still be fun. Tonight for dinner we had amazing ribs and beans and corn and bread and cake!!! I will eat better on this cruise than I do on land--they are going to have to roll me off the ship.

I'm sharing a little berth with three other girls at the bottom of the ship. One girl is from France, one from Atlanta, and one is a quiet crew member of whom I know very little about. I think we will all be very close at the end of this adventure--you can't spend three weeks in such close quarters without either bonding or fighting...

It sounds like we are going to have internet access throughout the cruise--but it will be slow. Apparently we will be able to receive mail more easily than sending it, so I will still write letters to people.

I'll try to stay updated when I can!

No comments: